My name is Azah and I live in London. I worked as a counsellor in private practice for eight years and four of them as a couples counsellor in Malaysia. Now I have a private practice in Finchley, London. My first marriage did not work out and ended up in divorce. I know how it feels being stuck in a relationship with no solution in sight. There was no help for me at that time or did I have someone neutral to talk too to help me figure things out. Since then I have dedicated my life’s work to learning and sharing what makes a good relationship and marriage. I changed my career and became a couples counsellor. To provide that space that I didn’t have. My purpose now is to help couples who feel stuck in their relationship get back to the happy place and remind them why they fell in love with each other in the first place. Or have clarity and confidence to move on to a better place.
I trained as a couples counsellor and use Emotionally Focused Therapy and Discernment Counselling in my sessions. I am a member of the British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP), The Board of Counsellors Malaysia and Malaysian Marriage and Family Therapy Association.
I am bilingual and both speak English and Bahasa Malaysia fluently. I can understand and speak basic Bahasa Indonesia. I am a third culture kid (TCK). TCKs are raised in a culture other than their parents’ or the culture of the country named on their passport for a significant part of their early development years. This is my superpower because it makes me very sensitive and appreciative of religious, cultural and diversity of couples I work with.
My Client's experience working with me
My clients above have generously given me permission to share their story with you with the promise I do not use their actual names.*
Having difficulties with your marriage?
If you are having difficulty in your marriage and you would like to see if my approach is right for you, you are welcome to book in a 45 minute free, no obligations, fully confidential call with me
During this call we will discover
- If your marriage would benefit from my approach.
- Get clarity on what you need to do to make the marriage work.
- What you might be doing unconsciously that is preventing you from being happy and in love.
- What you need to do to get back to that happy place where you are both in love again.
What we talk about in sessions
- Calm down the shouting, turn up the volume of the silent treatment and get unstuck.
- Find clarity in what you are doing unconsciously that is causing issues that make your arguments spiral out of control, angry, upset or frustrated and correct that.
- Change unconscious patterns and behaviours to experience a new way of being.
- Practise new behaviour and communication with me before you do it yourself.